Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Canker Sores!

15ml_onguardHave you ever had a canker sore so bad that even the thought of drinking a glass of water hurts?  I have.  I remember my wedding day, I woke up with about 7 cankers along my lower lip.  Talk about "wedding day jitters".  Now it seems I've passed this down to my children.

My son wouldn't eat dinner a couple nights ago.  I asked him what was wrong.  He showed me his lip and sure enough he had a canker sore.  I decided to use him as a guinea pig.  I put some doTERRA essential oil on it. Just a drop of  "On Guard".   He said that it stung a little bit.  The next morning I asked how he was, he stated that he felt a bit better.  The next night I applied one more drop of "On Guard".  This morning it was as if he never had the canker sore. 

I am sold.  One little dab of "On Guard" doTERRA essential oil, sure beats a mouth full of baking soda.  (my old remedy).  I'll keep it handy for my sons wedding, when the both of us wake up with "wedding day jitters."

1 comment:

  1. Do you happen to know what causes canker sores? I have one right now and have been using peppermint, helichrysum, melaleuca and clove to help get rid of it. It didn't really know what it was as first, but now I will try the on guard - maybe i'll be able to eat something without wincing in pain. thank you!

    ReplyDelete